Friday, March 23, 2012

Daddy's 31!

Yesterday we celebrated Michael's 31st Birthday!!  I have to say, Claire and I are some very lucky ladies to have Michael in our lives.  Not only is he an amazing husband, but an amazing father as well.  Seeing him with Claire over the last few weeks has been truly special and has brought my love for him to a whole new level.  Michael is so kind and gentle with Claire that it melts my heart every time I see him with her.  I'll never forget our first night in the hospital with her as he walked around holding her and starring into her eyes.  She was daddy's little girl right from the start.  Going through the joy of welcoming our first child together has reminded me of how lucky I really am....throughout the pregnancy, Michael was always patient and supportive, never once missing a doctor's appointment and constantly catering to my every need or wish.  Since Claire's brith, he continues to be supportive and is such a hands on dad, changing diapers and feeding Claire with me both day and night.  But it is Michael's laid back and always joking personality that brings a perfect balance into our home....every time I get anxious and think something is wrong with Claire, Michael's response of "Babe, she's just fine" is all I need to bring myself back down to earth.  I know that I can count on him whenever I need him, he is my rock.  One of my new favorite questions that Michael asks every day while he is at work is, "So how are my girls?"…so simple, yet makes me smile from ear to ear every time he says it.  My response is always, "We're wonderful!" and it is in large part because of you, Michael.  You make Claire and I so incredibly happy each and every day and we are so thankful to have you in our lives!  Happy Birthday, Baby!!  We love you!

Love, Your Girls

Daddy's Girl

Birthday Celebration!


2 comments:

  1. This is just the sweetest post! Love it, love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So So sweet, just like the 3 of you!!!

    ReplyDelete